Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mool En' I' Olin Naur Forum Index -> Poems/Songs/Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thandelwe

re: Two Broken; Broken Together

(Something Rivendor and I have been doing on the side...First, he is bringing some evil toons on this, and one of them happened to be a character used with Saran for a plot in another kinship that we left due to...stuff. Also, to note for Rivendor, this is edited so it is more realistic..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A large black steed walked carefully down the slope, and eventually started to tread through the ford, making light splashes. There were two riders it seemed...one at the front, a maid, guided the horse the direction she wanted, while the other, grim and shielded, kept his only arm about her.

'I don't ride as much as I should...' Lomeyen gripped the reins a tad tighter, "...but it's dangerous out here. Don't they say it's more...at night?"

Saranique spoke quietly, 'You requested to leave...and the terms were at night, else I might melt.'

'You still will not say why....I have my theories, but none have been officially said true.'

Saranique frowned lightly, and twitched, "What you think might be true...and keep it that way..."

Lomeyen guided the Friesian to the other side of the Bruinen, and then pulled her to a halt, "I don't want to be too far away..."

Saranique unwrapped his arm and slid off the horse, but with slight difficulty and resulting nearly falling onto his face, "Whatever pleases you, beloved one."

Lomeyen blinked and stared down, before cautiously dismounting herself, "Are y-you alright...?"

Saranique huffed, "...if I am ever..." He walked over to the shore and simply stood there.

Lomeyen patted the horse's neck, allowing her to drink from the side...before Lomeyen came over on Saran's right side, and gingerly took his arm and wrapped it about herself.

Saranique sighed quietly, but permitted it, "This makes you feel secure...."

'You are the only one that seems to allow it...' Lomeyen put more her weight against him, "Especially in an atmosphere like this..."

Saranique rested his head atop hers, grabbing hold of her hand and gently squeezing it, "If that is how it appears to you..."

Dolgulzagar stepped out of the darkness and onto the shore. "Saranique! The master has need of you."'

Saranique's scar glowed a bit more, and he scowled...and started to tremble albeit subtly. He put his hand on Lomeyen's head and whispered, "....Do not move."

Lomeyen looked confused at the motion, and her heart began to beat faster hearing another voice, and she couldn't subside her shaky breaths.

'I have something for the elf maiden, my lord.'

'I am not your master.' Saranique's tone darkened, "I never was."

'In any case, I should show my prize to you. After all, this is all by your handiwork.'

Lomeyen tried hard to not be loud, "W-w-what master....? W-w-who's Saranique....?

'Take it elsewhere.'  Saranique twitched more.

Dolgulzagar reached into his pouch at his back. He slings something wet at Lomeyen's feet. The head of the elf hunter, Aewenor, rolled past her and rested upon the beach, 'Such is the cost of your error, elf-maid.'

Lomeyen felt it land against her and yelped, stepping away and staring it with big eyes, "WHAT ERROR?!" She panics.

"By his hand this is your fate."

Saranique stepped away too and stared at the head. He twitched more, and frowned, but nothing else.

"The master calls you. You must return to his service."

Lomeyen trembled, wanting to pick up the severed head but does not. Instead she stared at Saran for explanation, "Osanwe...?"

Saranique met the eye contact, staying silent for some time before he spoke slowly and if vainly softly, "This is not my work...not willingly, at least." He grabbed hold of the horse's reigns, forcing it over to Lomeyen, "Leave, Valyaven."

The tall man called out, 'He must face his death alone, elf-maid.'

'Or yours, beast.' Saranique turned, "Your /master/ is bound in pathetic stones...I might be the same one who wears appearance, but I am not he."

"Then you /will/ die."

Lomeyen took the horse's lead, and stared. She huffed greatly, while she watched the scene...but the horse began to get worked up. Instead, she let it lose, "I am not losing more."

Saranique refrained from letting his fear and surprise show on his face.

Dolgulzagar laughed, "Death take you both!" Raising his hand, five armed hillmen charged from the shrubs.

Lomeyen's eyes widened and she fell into swoon.

Saranique stepped away from the coming force, tension rising and light shining brighter. Though the force was rather small, two disarmed people are unable to take one even one enemy.

Dolgulzagar leapt into the air and planted his elbow into the elf's forehead. A moment later he placed his foot into his chest, holding him beneath the water.

Saranique got knocked down and remained submerged, but in vain attempt he did kick to maybe hit Dolgulzagar.

"Bring the nets! Bring the ropes! We have captives for ANGMAR!"

Saranique continued to kick, though the effort began to lessen as the need for air rises.

Dolgulzagar shouted orders to the minions. "Bind the she-elf! Double the watch on this one." He removes his foot as the minions get to their work.

Lomeyen remained completely limp and black.

"Bind them! Bring them!"

Saranique sat up immediately, or rather was picked up, and he gasped for air heavily, "ALL....WILL ANSWER FOR THIS!"

Dolgulzagar brings his gloved hand against the elf lord's face – hard, "SILENCE!"

Saranique's scar throbbed, heat almost began to radiate from it...even his skin beneath the clothing could be seen glowing intensely, "If you claim me to be your master...is this how you treat one!?"

The bear-man grabbed the elf lord by the throat and choked him. "Until you can break free... I am the master of YOU!" He looks to Lomeyen. "You will get to decide her fate."

Saranique gasped for air again, eyes half closed, "...what fate...."

"You will get to decide on her head what road you will take."

Saranique managed to speak up, except in a mere whisper, and he began to sag, "...they...will find you....." Saranique had a look of plea, a light wind brushing against his face and hair, before completely going black from no air...and likely to suffocate if Dolguzagar does not let go. The sound from the man shouting could no longer be discerned to a fading conscience. Nothing else is remembered or felt…

While the elf-maid and Maia were in oblivion, the war-master had caught up with a war-party from the North…thus the company had grown, and the two were thrown into separate enclosures.

At first loud feet stomping through the ground was dim and distant, until the jostling, and her head being smacked against a bar woke her out of her swoon. The last memory was dark and foul things running towards them...Lomeyen shot up and panicked in silence, heart racing, eyes wide, and body shaking. Seeing the situation she gasped, tremoring more than she ever thought possible, and was struck speechless.

Dolgulzagar looked over. "Good! You are awake." A dark chuckle follows as he steers his mount along the trail.

Lomeyen's nose was filled with the stench of troll and orc. She would have held her hands over her mouth, but could not due to her bonds.  It did nothing as well to change the fact her eyes were immediately beat red and filled with tears. She shrieked, "OSANWE...! PILINMAR! A...ADAR!"

Dolgulzagar laughed. "Do not weep elf-maid. You will be his queen once he is healed."

Lomeyen continued to be jostled, and she sobbed, "I ASKED FOR NONE OF THIS."

Dolgulzagar slowed his mount to match the pace of the troll carrying her cage. "Shall I let you go? Would you abandon your love to this band of orcs and trolls?"

Lomeyen almost ignored everything about her, not acknowledging Dolgulzagar at all. She whined as she managed to quiet down, "...B-bad dream, little one.....A-all a n-nightmare....Spirits....demons...s-shapeshifters...! A-all a n-nightmare, little dear....!"

Dolgulzagar laughed as he shook his head.

Lomeyen sagged down till her head met the floor, and she quaked.

Dolgulzagar kicked at his mount, bringing his horse up to a gallop, soon alongside the lead troll which carried the cage of his master.

Saranique had not come to ever since the ford. The jostling certainly gave him bruises and scratches, but otherwise remained completely oblivious. The long pale scar still had not lessen in intensity with its light (which was visible with his remaining arm, and the right part of his back), but it continued to throb persistently.

"Wake him, my orcs! Wake him with shouts of our victory!"

The orc hoard roared and shouted, as they banged their swords and axes against their shields.

Saranique did not move nor make any sound. The only thing that would change was again the scar's light, almost blinding at this point-representing building anger.

Dolgulzagar held up his hand, in an attempt to cover his eyes.

Saranique flinched at the increased intensity...practically burning on the inside, and he moaned.

The spirit that was inflicted into Dolgulzagar came out of its host, seeing if the thing inside the cage was indeed its keeper and master. Aikaumbarhen, Saranique’s other half, was still locked away in stones with separate keepers. Distraught and enraged the spirit departed into the gloom of the trees, and the returning war party marched on.

Lomeyen and Saranique were still separate; they were in a war camp…though when it came to Saranique’s awareness, he was inside a tent… 

A guard - one of the Black Blades - stood watch nearby.'

Saranique 's face twitched...a lot less than the scar, finally beginning to come to. The ground was not as rough last he remembered...but he could not feel much except the parts of his body with the ever running scar.

Outside the sounds of the encamped warband can be heard - the Dark Speech, the howl of wargs and the snarls of orc-spawn sounded in the distance.

Saranique registered someone lingering near...more like messing with his wounds. With one start he grabbed the human's neck, eyes ablaze.

The human made a strangled noise, "A-a-awake...!" He wheezed and became frozen with chill.

Saranique kicked up the frozen statue and sat up. He scowled seeing one of the ever familiar guards come into the tent and reached over for one of the weapons on the nearby rack with all haste.

The second Black Blade whirled about and unsheathed a Morgûl blade - a dagger.

Saranique barely got his hand on one spear, before the one guard restrained his arm, "All you will do is kill me! What do you want me to live or to die at your hands?! Such loyal servants you are...!" 

"The spider poison." Spoke the guard restraining the very weak Maia down.

The Black Blade called to the men outside. "Bring me rope!"'

The other growled, "We don't need aide, you fool!" He continued, "The spider poison!"

"What if it is not enough?" the other asked.

Saranique felt discomfort rising, and he continued to kick.

"He cannot resist things like he used...he will give into the poison like any elf and be limp. So, get it, NOW."

The Black Blade quickly moved to action.

"I will give word to the lieutenant with your cowardice."

“You all are cowards...!” Saranique scoffed, “Afraid to just take me like you claim to be!”

The Black Blade opened up the sack and removed the vile stinger. Still attached are the poison glands.

Saranique held his breath seeing that. If he could not get free from the guard's grasp and get filled with poison, hopes of escape are vain. He put most of his effort and power into trying to freeze the guard's hand; scar again glowing intensely.

The one who restrained the Maia, as normal, had appropriate gear to withstand the thing he has been charged with for many years.

The second guard blinked! A quick stab to the abdomen with the stinger followed.

Saranique's breath left him and immediately he stopped kicking; in fact, he does not stop immediately...but the effort and movement began to lessen over some minutes. He spat slightly before he became a ragdoll.

The one that held Saranique set him down on the mat, "Fear not master...Tis only for your own good; we do not want to have this other thing try and keep you back from staying with us again."

From outside in the distance the roar of a great beast is heard.

Saranique frothed and breathed heavily; things having gone numb and heavy once more. At some point in time it is likely he would fall into oblivion again...but before that happened someone will be talking to him.

The second Black Blade spoke. "The master comes."

The other returns to standing in front of the tent.

Dolguzagar, the Beast of Angmar, stepped inside the tent. A large figure covered in sweat and blood... he strode forward without hesitation. "Guards, leave us!" Both do so.

Saranique's eyes darted up to the towering figure with disdain.

Dolguzagar strode over to the reed mat. Looking down, he spoke, "It is time for you to soon awaken again, my master." His voice was like gravel, filled with a lust for pain and suffering.'

Saranique's mouth would not move, only more foam fell out and the sound was a grunt.

‘I would not have survived my wounds so many years ago, my master. I would have perished after the battle with my brother if you had not filled me with the strength of spirits long since forgotten.'

'Mmmff...' Saranique continued to stare with disdain, huffing all the while.

Dolgulzagar knelt down, “I must have you restored. When you rescued me so many years ago... you promised me many things. You promised me the river-maiden. You promised me my brother's death at my hands. Have I not followed all of your commands?'

Saranique did not seem to have the same sinister fire in his eyes like before. They were silver, not red and black-the only memories behind them were seeing things happen behind bars, being twisted and broken by his other self. None of those acts done were willingly by his actual self; except ones from pure agony and madness.

Dolguzagar snarled, "I even bowed my head to that worthless wood-elf, Aewenor for you! Yet, even when you were captured, you did not betray me. You did not tell them that they had instead captured one of my guards in my place Why is that?'

Saranique's eyes did spark with anger then, but being unable to answer made him all the angrier.

“Guards! Attend him. He does not move without me knowing of it. If he should stit too much, use the stinger again. I go to see the elf-woman now."'

The spark left, and immediately Saranique looked over to the entrance.

‘Do not fail me, my guards.'

The Black Blade moves back into the room to keep watch over the elf-sire.

Saranique watched the outside for a moment longer, before his eyes fell shut.

Dolgulzagar went up the slope beyond. He trod through and went into a larger tent that held many orcs, and was big enough to house trolls…even prisoner cages if one willed. Lomeyen was unbound and free, but no less scared and panicked. 

Lomeyen clung to the post away from everything else. Her frail form shook with horror, having a gash on her face, and being covered with dirt. She tucked her head down and kept her eyes closed.

Dolguzagar strode up, his heavy boots sounding upon the rocky gravel.

Lomeyen curled into a tighter ball hearing the gravel sound louder, and does not open her eyes nor look up.

The Beast of Angmar spoke, "I am not here to kill you, elf-maid."

Lomeyen's knuckles went white, and again curled up tighter, maybe more than possible.

Dolguzagar took off his spiked helm. "I will hurt you if I must. There is no need for that."'

'WHAT DO YOU WANT?!’ Lomeyen finally shrieked.

"I want you to tell me how to restore my master. Your ilk took something from him, did you not? Placed it in an item perhaps? Where is it?"'

Lomeyen began to hyperventilate, "I DON'T KNOW...ANYTHING!!! HE IS NOT THIS....SARANI...WHOEVER! Y-y-you h-h-have the wrong p-p-person...! He tells me nothing...NO ONE DOES.”

"You have two choices before you. You go forth and find out for me. The other path involves you staying here, bound naked to this pole... alone with my orcs."'

Lomeyen sobbed, "I CAN'T FIND OUT ANYTHING...! EVERYONE CASTS ME ASIDE LIKE RUBBISH...!"

"Do you love him?"'

Lomeyen fell quiet and she quivered more, "....O-of course...I would not have him change for anything...!'

Dolguzagar knelt down. "Then go... "'

'Go?'

"Go... you are free!"' Dolguzagar pointed to the entrance of the tent.'

Lomeyen did not seem to believe it. What could she believe? Especially with all these vile things around...the post was the only safe spot, and she still clung to it.

Dolguzagar kicked her. "I said GO!"'

Lomeyen screamed and crawled away, "Where would I go?!"

"Go home!"'

Lomeyen shook her head rapidly, "I don't know where I am! I know nothing...!"

"Go home or I will surely kill him this very eve! Now RUN!"' The bear-man boomed in anger, "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE AND HIS!"'

Lomeyen fell on her face in submission, "I will be mute...! Just let me be near the only one that cares for me....If I should die here then I would be with someone I love...!"

Dolguzagar grew silent at that proclamation, before he shouted another order, "Take the elf-wench to him, my orcs. See that she is not harmed. She is to be with him unspoiled!'

Lomeyen tried to keep her promise about being mute when the foul things grabbed her, but it slipped ever slightly and she yelped.

Being prodded, Lomeyen and the orcs, and Dolgulzagar returned to where Saranique was being held.

Dolgulzagar stepped inside the tent and looked about.'

Saranique had given to submission to the venom and remained asleep for the time being.

Lomeyen was shoved inside and she covered her dirty hands to her mouth seeing Osanwe, biting her tongue to keep silent, and she cautiously began crawling on her hands and knees over.

Dolgulzagar watched her, seeing what she will do.'

Lomeyen scampered quickly by the tall man, moving over to Osanwe's head and curled into a ball against his side, wrapping his arm around herself, face into his shoulder...but in a more delicate fashion due to the painful scar.

Dolgulzagar tilted his head to one side. "See, he is safe. You are together now."'

Lomeyen would have said something in response, but she does not; like she said she would.

"If I were to let you both go, would you do something for me?"'

Lomeyen looked up with fear.

"I'm afraid I was mistaken. He is no longer my master at all."'

Lomeyen dared speaking, being very quiet, "I-I-I know nothing of his past...just he was found at the ford as a small child, with no memory of anything....We've done /nothing/, to you...."

"I am not a cruel man. If you were allowed to leave, where would you go?"

Lomeyen yelled in anger, an old fire sparked her eyes, "ANYWHERE BUT HERE, YOU CRUEL KIDNAPPER!"

Dolgulzagar stepped forward, the back of his hand came down across her face.'

Lomeyen bit her lip and shut her eyes, the gash on her face bled anew, and she cowed, going quiet again.

Dolgulzagar chuffed. "Are you beyond reason, woman?! I offer your freedom. You but need give up your master’s and you will be free!"

'W-what more freedom would I receive out there but here...? I am only treated a prisoner thither too....What you call master, I call charge and love....and I am not losing more....'

"There is another option."'

Lomeyen huffed, "I have lost the will to care."

Dolgulzagar fell silent.

Lomeyen looked up again with the same intense look in her eye; determination.

Dolgulzagar studied her for a moment before he turned and exited the tent. No explanation is given, he simply departed.

Lomeyen sunk back against Osanwe, and she began to quietly hum, all the while tears streamed down her face...Unsure, scared, but changed.

Nothing happened during the slow and long hours. Lomeyen had begun singing an old lullaby over and over again. It brought her comfort. The black guards at the entrance of the tent were perturbed at the tune, finding it strange…yet as normal, light hearted songs are almost listened to by all within a dark place. 

Saranique's frothing had stopped hours earlier, though still could not lift easily anything...likely to remain that way for days. Even then...he had been infected, and continued dosage every few days will keep him from leaving. He did register the quiet song of a familiar voice and light touching on his face, and it brought him rarely received ease from any light hearted song.

Lomeyen had gained control of her voice when she thought everyone was gone...a strange thing in a dark place, but it gave her calm as well, "Let the birds sing, dilly dilly, let the lambs play...We shall be safe, dilly dilly, out of harm's way..."

Saranique's scar's light had diminished also. Letting Lomeyen finish her song, he opened his right eye; squinting in sorrow, and the right part of his mouth turned into a frown.

Lomeyen stopped once Osanwe looked at her, and she watched in silence.

Saranique continued to stare. For once, sadness did overtake him and one tear slipped. Acidic, it burned the skin...especially since it went down his scar, causing more pain. Since the right side of his mouth would move, he slurred, "Hhere steel, meelleth...."

Lomeyen bowed her head in grief too, perhaps self-shame...she still would say nothing.

Saranique's eye flashed in anger in mixed emotion. His gaze darted towards the exit, searching.

Lomeyen lay back down and curled up, again beginning to weep silently.

Saranique lifted his painful and heavy arm, finding Lomeyen's hand and again holding it. The spider sting in his stomach hurt, and he winced. Something had happened when he was black...especially since Lomeyen would not speak. He went silent too; waiting, thinking.

Lomeyen began humming the same tune again as she did...but with no words.

Dolgulzagar entered the tent.

Saranique's scar shone again, and he scowled, but kept silent for now.

Lomeyen shut her eyes, curled up again, clung to the hand that was holding hers tighter, and she stopped humming.

‘It seems one of you must die today. The other will be set free.'

'Why must one die, let alone two...Or none?' Saranique gained motion to the left side of his face, "Is having two captives too much work for you...?"

“Yes, that is it. Less work…"

Saranique had a smug look come on his face, and he grinned sinisterly, "I can see why my...fouler side despised you so, you are so lazy and disgusting...Not worth our time.”

"I will have to kill the she-elf first."'

Lomeyen bit her tongue fiercely once more, and she held her breath in fear. She did not want that happen...scared of it, in fact.

'If she goes, then you will have two corpses; no one to offer you information on where your real master is.'

Dolgulzagar yelled, "GUARDS!"'

Lomeyen pressed her body against Osanwe, her other hand clung to his clothing. She stared at him with plea and horror.

Dolgulzagar snarled. "Tell me where they have taken the other half of your essence."'

Saranique felt pain rising. He looked at Lomeyen with almost the exact same look...perhaps less horror and rather concern and maybe reassurance, "How should I know? I could tell you where two thirds of half my spirit is...but they contain but the power; not the mind, of my other half. The other one though, the one who holds it I do not know where he wanders. You are asking for information we do not possess, fool.'

Dolgulzagar shouted, "Sting him again with the spider venom!"'

Saranique hissed, "Before you do that..." He snaps.

Dolgulzagar gave pause...

'How will this give you any gain? Demand Valyaven to tell you? She knows absolutely nothing....By stinging me, not only will you slowly kill me, but are no less closer to finding those pathetic stones.” Saranique paused,  “...Even if you were to find them, they would have to be bound to me once more, and which I might receive mastery again…and might even destroy them, along with my other half.'

Dolgulzagar stepped back, “Stones, is it? Thank you.'

Saranique narrowed his eyes, "You are so stupid and forgetful. You have seen them BOUND to my head!'

"Now I will begin to remove parts of the elf maiden."'

Lomeyen clung to Osanwe with death defying grip, 'I am not going anywhere!'

Dolgulz snarled. "I have no use for either of you now. You have told me everything I need to know."

'Again! If you find the stones, they are locked in them forever!'

"No. Take him. Carry him away. You are free to go."'

The guards come inside, prying Lomeyen off the limp form, each taking one shoulder. Lomeyen could not resist, and she knelt on the side, staring at the dark figures lift Osanwe up into a kneeling position.

Dolgulzagar walked outside of the tent.

One guard hauled Saranique over his shoulder, the other grabbed Lomeyen's arm, and all four leave the tent afterwards. As told, the guards continued on their way, up the slope with the once-captives.

Lomeyen and Saranique were brought to the entrance of the camp. The one guard that carried the limp figure swung him over the side of a horse, and the other guard roughly put Lomeyen in the saddle.

“Where you go does not matter to us, wretches…But likely you both will be killed if you are seen again.”

Saranique took on a bitter look, but was more or less unable to move his head to look at the people he used to call throne guards.

Lomeyen took no hesitation and spurred the horse into a gentle canter, being mindful of her love being incapacitated for the most part.

Heading West of Dol Dinen, they came to the forest of Taur Gonwaith. Lomeyen found a cave and she led the horse to the outside of it…she carefully and shakenly dismounted, and simply stood there, about ready to collapse onto the ground from mental anguish and shock. How long she remained like that, she did not know or care…she took a few careful steps over to where Saranique was dangling from his head to his lower body.

“S…..sanwe….?”

“Get me off this cursed creature and get out of here…!” Saranique was in a battle between emotions once more: anger, despair, frustration, and grief.

Lomeyen could not believe what she was hearing. Her heart was about ready to shatter, and almost was ready to make her vow of silence a real thing. Her speaking up might have been the cause of their anguish at the Ford…She did not know where she was either. Complying, she quickly, out of fear Saranique might attack her, pushed him off the dark mount.

Saranique landed with a thud on his backside, before moving his arm to shield his face. Acidic tears stained his face and sleeve, making burns in his face and arm…the corrupted tears also fell into the cracked scar, and that instilled more pain. He was about ready to shriek in complete disharmony and become nothing but a vanquished song in the world just for all the anguish to end.

Lomeyen tried to come near, but she was shunned as Saranique moved, even though it was little. She held her breath, and tears again streamed down her face. Will all shun her existence when she tries so hard? The elf-maid choked back a sob, though it failed, and she turned slowly and walked down to the edge of the cliff side, and sat down. Cradling herself as she tried to comprehend what happened to her.

Each to their own sorrow; Lomeyen being cursed by her heritage and own bad luck…Saranique by a choice to the road of ruin, now paying for it, in addition to betraying information to the enemy (despite him claiming to be neutral in the whole affair of war now). Lomeyen’s sorrow to a degree was more palatable…she saw how good she actually had it, and instead she kept complaining about being locked up like a wolf! The others held her there for a reason…she understood it, and was now scarred for life, and wanted the way things used to be. She was able to choke it down…she wanted to help Saranique with his pain. She has to know the truth now. With that, after some hours of being alone, she came back slowly to where Saranique was.

Saranique managed to sit up on his own, but held his hand over his brow, head bowed. Skin was burnt due to the acid that came from his eyes; some even fell onto the grass and the plants withered away. He again saw Lomeyen coming over, and he snapped once more, “I said to leave me!”  He motioned to the grass, and towards the wound on her face, “Everything I lay hand on is doomed to be corrupted by my corruption at some stage in time…!”

Lomeyen said nothing, her hands were held together near her chest, and continued to come closer.

“That foul thing did not make you deaf, I know it…For your own safety, for Valar’s sake, be gone from me!”

“I-I be f-f-forfeited already…M-might a-as w-well eat me now, Osanwe.”

Saranique stared darkly at Lomeyen, disdain coming on his face once more. Part of it was aimed at her, but all in all it was shot back at him. He simply looked away…

Lomeyen, still bone shaken, knelt down. She saw the burnt flesh, she even could smell it…the elf-maid watched the Maia for a long while in silence, before at last he permitted her to touch his face, “A-a-acid…?”

“They are not supposed to be that…Woe that there is nothing that has not been corrupted!”

Lomeyen tried to lead the direction of the conversation about him…if they say confession and tears are the first step to healing, then this will be good for them both, “W-what d-did they use to be…?”

“Enchanted…if I can at all remember what the original purpose is.” Saranique quivered still, “Healing…my kind….if grieved to tears by something, we are able to resolve it by simply casting our tears upon it…Or…some cases, destruction; depending on what kindred we are of…”

Lomeyen squinted. Again Saranique could not remember far into his past, or even his own kind. Who were they? “…T-t-tell me the truth, Osanwe.”

“What truth?”

“…w-who are you…? What are you?”

Saranique lowered his hand down to the bridge of his nose, and stared at Lomeyen again. She had the look of determination…but she really wanted to know. The risk of losing something that brings him some degree of joy was present…but he did not care anymore, “How many people…what do they tell you?”

“Y-y-you are a spirit…”

“That is more or less true…one that is sharing the fate of possessing a body. If I die, then it is over…” Saranique paused, appearing more distraught with grief, “Many will claim that we hold no emotion for anything, or feel pain. They are wrong…I am such example, and see how much torment I am in!”

Lomeyen had difficulty believing things now. She was unsure that what happened to them both was real…it was coming from Osanwe’s mouth though… “W-w-why did t-t-those p-p-people want you…?”

“…I used to be a valued weapon to them…Now that the part of me that is valuable to them is gone…This.” Saranique slapped himself, “This…what is left, I can be disposed of…”

“W-willingly…?”

“No…None of what I used to do was done willingly…!” Saranique tried to hide himself again and shifted to turn his back to Lomeyen, “Only a few acts of cruelty I did willingly was from madness and agony…Just to make it all stop…!” He started falling into random nonsense, “I never wished for that….! I never would have done any of that….!” Saranique wept further, burning on the inside again, and his scar glowed again, “Nnngg…! A thing to be twisted and used at everyone’s pleasure…! Everything I lay hand on becomes corrupted…”

Lomeyen moved back a little at the sudden outburst, and again felt the need to make a vow of silence. She watched Saranique mutter nonsense and cause himself more pain from his own tears. She felt the need to do something; Lomeyen moved to the front of Saranique cautiously.

Saranique did not seem to notice Lomeyen’s movements. Only when she lifted his head and pressed her lips against his is when he finally snapped out of it. One hand ran along the unmarred part of his face, the other held his. The kiss was held long before Lomeyen pulled away.

“B-b-both broken, Hûnaer…”

Saranique lifted his hand and gingerly touched the gash on Lomeyen’s face and she did flinch a little at an unfamiliar sensation. The only thing the Maia did note, instead of a cold energy flowing to his fingers, an unprofessed, rarely used and near forgotten, healing power channeled through to the mark, “It will not scar…as your kind works that way…”

Lomeyen wrapped her arms around Saranique and leaned against him, “I-I-I do not know w-where we are…”

“Then we will stay here for now…It might be for the better…” Saranique paused for a little bit, “…You claim to not sing well nor enjoy doing it…I found yours most pleasing.”

Lomeyen broke a shy smile, “…w-w-we live in the c-cave…?”

“For the time being…we will work out something…Help me up though.”

Lomeyen moved away and stood up, immediately starting to sing again, “Lavender’s green, dilly dilly, Lavender’s blue; if you love me, dilly dilly, I will love you…” She gave it her all getting Saranique to his numb and wobbly feet.

The Maia felt again rarely gained peace and serenity from the elf-maid’s song. It held more meaning for some reason. Hardly Saranique ever recalled hearing easing music or songs, save perhaps when Lúthien came to Angband, and during the time when he was being brought to Ered-Luin…being away from society might be the best for them both for a time…

---------------

Hunaer means lamentable spirit. Also, I got the new Cinderella (lovely movie) and found out one song lyrics. It may not fit entirely with this, but if altered slightly...maybe.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mool En' I' Olin Naur Forum Index -> Poems/Songs/Stories All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: